View Single Post
Old 07-30-2023, 08:14 AM   #18
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Coming back around to this because, well, I've not done all of what I need to yet.

I swapped the fuel filter and spark plug last year, replace the oil and air filter every season, and always use treated fuel.

The machine is in fine shape, so I'm thinking of selling and replacing in the off-season rather than replacing all the stuff that probably needs replacing (belts, pulleys, other?)—I've not touched any of those things in 16 years.

Questions:
1. Anyone have a rough idea of cost to replace the deck components/belts, and is it really worth doing on a machine from '07 vs. just investing in a new machine?

2. Suggestions on new machines to look for? We've only got 3/4 acre and I'm only towing the splitter and a garden trailer a couple times a year.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
If the machine runs fine, then nothing needs to be replaced other than maintenance items like oil or a spark plug if it starts running rough. It's up to you, if you want something new, go for it. But it sounds like your machine is running well, I'd run it into the ground. Belts are usually easy to replace yourself or cheap to have someone do it. But again, I wouldn't bother until something goes wrong.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote