View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 12:49 PM   #61
Cow Man

The electric bills were all inclusive, however the house being under construction it is not anticipated the charges will remain static. The Wi-Fi thermostats will allow for fine tuning the units to heat and cool only as the room they control is occupied and lifestyle issues entry and exit times, etc., will have an impact. The bubbler and webcam were not operational as they were shut off as part of the construction schedule required. We heated all winter because we had contractors doing work during the winter. We drained the water from all outdoor plumbing and used RV antifreeze for indoor fixtures. The plan is to have a summer and winter mode so that in winter the draining to the lake waterline is automatic. I am not 100% certain and don’t have the operator’s manual with me but I believe that we could turn the units on or off at will using the remote control or app. I have owned the property for 40 years and used to visit on weekends during the summer and maybe a time or two in winter. Now that I retired it will be our permanent residence for about 7 months a year, giving me plenty of time to fix things that I didn’t have time to do in the past and incorporate some luxuries available and affordable now that were not previously., for example, the mini split has an option accessed by remote that varies the fan tilt and speed to mimic the wind outdoors making you think your house has a steady breeze blowing through it even with windows and doors shut. What will they think of next?
Cow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cow Man For This Useful Post: