Thread: Condo Insurance
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 02:08 PM   #8
Descant

Thanked 1,524 Times in 986 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Is that one policy or all separate policies? I always thought how nice it would be to have one policy for all cars, boats, houses, umbrella etc. for the year. I have insurances bills dribbling in and out all year long.
I have several policies with USAA. (You can't get a "multi-policy discount" if you have only one policy. They are all billed in one consolidated monthly bill. That bill is on autopay direct from my bank, no CC involved. Same with Eversource and many other companies I do business with. I have credit cards that are "dedicated" to certain purposes (camp, daily activity, building maintenance, etc) and those are all on autopay as well. I like my AMEX account because there is no daily limit. With some cards, if your vendors all charge on the same day, there is a daily cap and that can be a nuisance if something is denied for going over the cap. My vendors have remarked favorably on this feature as well. BTW, my wife has cards that are all totally separate from mine. If we are traveling and one of us loses a wallet, we aren't in a panic situation waiting for replacement cards.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote