View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 06:16 PM   #36
LikeLakes

I am an optimist as well. And I'm not going to engage in the "world is going to %#&@# because of _______ (fill in your grievance)" discussion. No problem that it's being discussed, just don't want to join in.

But ... I'm going to tell a story from last weekend that will be patting myself on the back, and absolutely made my day. I was at a very busy gas station with a bunch of pump lanes, came around the back side to an open slot and another pickup came around facing me at the same time. I think maybe I had the lead by 6' but truly a dead heat from a parking lot standpoint. I saw the driver make an annoyed gesture (not rude, I think just frustrated), and I backed up and waved for him to take the spot. I waited in another line, had to switch one more time, then finally got a spot 5 minutes later.

I was filling some gas cans with my head down and someone said "excuse me, can I shake your hand?" It was the guy in the other pickup, nice gentleman with a Viet Nam era submarine cap on. He thanked me, I said "hey we were tied, figured why not let you go" and he said right, but nobody does that any more. I asked about his service and we talked for a few, headed on our way.

Yes I'm a nice guy at times , but my point is it seriously made me feel so good, so happy to have simply been polite and be rewarded by meeting a nice guy who appreciated it and was able to thank him for serving in the process. Great experience. (Not looking for any attaboys by telling this)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LikeLakes For This Useful Post: