View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #19
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Absolutely, you are so right! LIF is a dreamer to think that. We HAVE taken the time to understand. As you said, look at Maine, and as Pineneedles said, look at Conn. I remember when Conn. put in that sales tax, it was going to solve all their problems. Right.
As far as I am concerned cut MP, cut lots of spending. It won't bother me one single bit.
Now this is interesting..... TIS, do you realize that if they cut the MP, then there would be no policing on the lakes. The noise laws, hell even what ever they do for the speed limit law would be all for not. If people think the lake is bad now, with out the MP it would be every boater for themselves.

Now what spending would you like to see cut.....

Let see how about the State Police???
or how about the highway dept...... what is going ot happen when it snows

alright so cutting those things may be extreme but they are cuts right.

Now don't get me wrong, any government has room to cut. But it isn't as easy as everyone wants it to be.

Now as for those that think they are better of with out Income or Sales Tax, let me say this. At this point, you may definately be better of with just the property tax. But there is a threshold.... and eventually the Property tax will get to be to much. When you average person can no longer afford to live in NH, then what? Remember Income and Sales tax is based upon someone income level... the more you want the more you make the more you pay.... Property Tax on the other hand is what it is..... if you are an average individual or a multi-millionare, the particular piece of property is taxed the same. The Rich guy may be able to afford it but the average Joe can't..... So what happens to the state when property taxes are so high that an average Joe can't afford to own property???????? That is where NH is headed.... they will be the first state to find that out.......

Remember this, no matter what the money is going to be raised.... either give the legislature other arena's to spread the burden too, or don't complain, when it is 200$ to registrar your boat, or 1000$ to registrar your car, or you are having to sell you family home because the property taxes are to much.

As for lawn physco comment, I really doubt you would be better off, pay double the property tax.... remember you don't just pay state income Tax, there is federal income tax..... I have done the calculations for myself here in Massachusetts...... it is all a mute point.... you really just still pay the same amount to the state.