View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 07:30 AM   #30
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofthreema View Post
We are planning to buy a boat to keep at the lake. We would like to be able to have up to 12 people on board. Activities would be tubing, cruising and fishing. What's your favorite boat in the 100k range for making the most of your time on the lake?
I guess a little more info would be helpful...When you say "We are planning to buy a boat to keep at the lake", does this mean at a marina, island property, mainland property??

The reason I ask is if your going to live on an island you really need something that will get you there no matter what the weather is. A hard side enclosed cabin boat is what I would recommend in that circumstance. I have a 22' Eastern lobster that I have relied on for 15 years that has never let me down. It is my primary island and fishing boat as well as work boat that I would never be without! Not sure you could tube behind it however.

If your keeping your boat at a Marina or mainland property, your really only going out boating when the weather is good. Yes, you can get caught in a squall but for the most part you will be a fair weather boater. In this instance I would recommend a tri-toon, 24' long and the biggest motor you can afford.

I have had four pontoon boats over the years and currently still have one. This is what I call my fun boat. No problem tubing, fishing, cruising or entertaining a lot of people. No problem carrying 12 people with plenty of storage for PFD's and other related accessories. Tri-toons give a great ride when choppy and also have a very shallow draft which comes in quite handy this time of year!

Sorry, but I am not a fan of deck boats for a number of reasons...

Good luck in your search!

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 09-12-2022 at 09:32 AM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: