View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 08:27 PM   #22
Momofthreema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
First things first:
Reduce your guest list. 12 people (6 adults and 6 kids?) trying to tube/ski etc with an inexperienced captain is just plain foolish as well as unpleasant. Hang around the public docks and /or launch ramps or your proposed marina. See how many groups of 12 you can find.

Two: even if they all "PB4UGo"it won't be long before somebody has to go again. For that crowd, you need a head.

Shade: If you're out for more than a few hours all need shade, not just a half Bimini over the back half of the boat. Same applies for unexpected rain showers.

Storage: On a new boat, most dealers will find a way to get you set up. Be sure there's some sort of written agreement that you can renew for a couple of years. Otherwise some dealers will kick you out so they can sell somebody else a boat next year.

Don't mean to be negative, but the original post seemed unrealistic.
Good luck and safe baoting.
May have been unrealistic, but that’s why I’m asking! My husband is a very experienced boater, he’s been driving boats since he was 16, and he’s a total boat nerd when it comes to reading/learning about safety regs and fun new boats. I’m trying to balance what I would want on a boat, which is shade for reading/space for entertaining…what the teens want, which is tubing…and what my husband wants which is open water boating, fishing and entertaining. So maybe a smaller tubing boat and a larger pontoon type cruiser are what we need. Two boats, how fun 🤩

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I appreciate it!
Momofthreema is offline   Reply With Quote