View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 07:12 AM   #9
Juiced06GTO

I am strongly considering a big tritoon, 25-27’ to replace our 24’ Four Winns deck boat. Our current boat is rated at 13 people or 1850lbs. We typically rent each year with 4 families. This year there are 8 kids between 4 and 10yrs old and 7 adults and it started to get really cramped as the kids are getting bigger!

I have looked at jumping up to something like a Formula 270br, a sea ray 270SD or something similar, but the market is still crazy for them. A new formula that size is close to 200k and the sea ray isn’t far behind, MarineMax out of Boston quote me 167k at the start of the season with an 8% increase on all incoming stock.

Used Formulas hold their value well and there aren’t many that I have found on the market, especially locally. A coworker scored one out of TX at the end of last season, a 2007 w/200hrs for about 50k plus the cost to ship it here.

At any rate make sure you secure somewhere to keep it on the lake unless you plan to trailer like I do. My family has a place on Upper Suncook we also boat at so we go between the two lakes often. If we go bigger than 24’ I’ll be looking for a spot to keep it on the lake as well.
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Juiced06GTO For This Useful Post: