Thread: Sno-Streakers
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #24
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Sno-Streaker Update-www.sno-streakers.com

www.Sno-Streakers.com (Meredith's Snowmobile Club)

1-29-09 We got about 10 inches of powder yesterday and the groomers are out packing it. The riding is really good but we need a wet snow to really "set up" on the trails to keep them from getting whipped up on the weekends.
1-30-09 I have received some E-Mails about the tracks being bumpy on the weekends. I assure you that our volunteer groomers are doing all they can but with the high volume of riders who converge on the Meredith area, the powder conditions and the fact that the drag can not fit between the rails to take out the bumps created by sleds - it gets bumpy. We will continue to do everything we can but need a wet snow to fill between the rails and freeze in. In the mean time if we all remember to go easy on the throttle when starting off we can prevent some of the moguls from forming in these high traffic areas.
1-31-09 I have been out riding (almost everyday) throughout the Lakes Region and the riding has been great - all the clubs deserve our support and thanks for all the hard work of volunteers. I have been riding in this area for over thirty years and remember when all the trails were bumpy, muddy and rocky - all the time. The sport has come a long way. If you like to ride consider volunteering some time to the club were you ride most. Most of the trail work is done in the Fall but contact your club, meet some nice people and help promote the sport we enjoy.
February
2-1-09 The powder on the lakes is deep and is starting to sink the ice a bit in places. The ice is still thick enough in these locations but water seeps on top of it and makes a layer of slush under the snow cover. Some of it is pretty deep slush. Traveling in a packed trail helps because the snow (insulation) is packed down and the slush under it freezes more quickly.
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote