View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 07:47 AM   #2
Bizer

An update to the update.

After posting the above update, I received emails from five boaters who wished to test Bizer’s data on their Garmin GPS units. All the testers had dash-mounted GPS units that Garmin designed for marine use. Unfortunately, none of them were able to utilize the Bizer data.

About a month later, I discovered that Garmin did allow custom maps on some of their GPS units. It was coincidental that Bizer had purchased two of these GPS devices within the past year. For a complete list of Garmin GPS that allow custom maps, do an INTERNET search for GARMIN DEVICES COMPATIBLE WITH CUSTOM MAPS. Most of these units are hand-held. With an optional mounting bracket, they could sit on your dashboard. The screen sizes range from 2.6” (66mm) to 6.95” (177mm). In this case, I think size does matter. Unfortunately, the larger the screen, the higher the price. Below are screen shots from Bizer’s Garmin Montana 700i (5” 127mm screen) and Garmin GPSMAP 66sr (3”, 76mm screen). Visit Bizer.com for more information.

And as a side-note, Stongate Software (stonegatesoft.com) has written an iPhone/iPad app using the Bizer chart of Winnipesaukee.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bizer; 06-13-2022 at 07:49 PM.
Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bizer For This Useful Post: