Thread: Get Ready!
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 01:06 PM   #39
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
For light snow using the angled rear blade, I drive forward. Using the rear mount snowblower, I have to drive backward.

The tradeoff: With a front mount snowblower I would have to remove the front bucket. However I use the 6' wide bucket for some snow removal tasks as well as when sanding the steep section. I do have a large rear-view mirror on each side. My setup is more functional at the expense of driving the snowblower in reverse.

Alan
Have you looked into the rear inverted snow-blowers? Its a rear mount/pto driven, but it faces forward. It would be a lot faster (and more comfortable) than snow-blowing backwards.

We have a front mount snow blower and power broom on our Kubota LX3310CAB. If under 6" I use the broom for everything. Over that I must use the snow blower, but still put the broom on afterwards and sweep it down to bare pavement. I have thought about going with a rear inverted blower on the rear and keeping the broom on the front. That would be an incredible setup, but my tractor is almost too small for an inverted.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote