View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 08:28 PM   #159
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
Will agree to disagree that the lake is safer in the last 10 years. Growing up on the lake and boating the entire time. The I will definitely say I pick and choose the times I go out during the summer now compared to 10-15 years ago when I used to feel safe going out anytime in my 14 ft and then 18 ft boats. Now have a 25 ft and feel I'm playing dodge boat from others. As people have mentioned, it has nothing to do with speed, just people oblivious of what's going on.

And the argument that a majority of legislators support the speed limit is like saying "if everyone jumps off a bridge it must mean its a good idea". That just means the Legislators just don't care or they are getting some kind of kick back by someone?

The argument that speed limit is safer I think is what people are arguing, Its not, and there is no evidence that it is. Do a majority of people support a speed limit because a) their boats don't go above 45 anyway and B) even if their boat does go that fast, 99% of the time they don't. I think that is more the supporters of it. It just doesn't matter to people if there is a speed limit of not on the lake because it doesn't matter.
Would you try once again please, this time in English.
sunset on the dock is offline   Reply With Quote