View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 07:45 PM   #147
LikeLakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Again, as alluded to previously, just because there were no accidents on my street in the last 7 years does not mean I will advocate to have no speed limits on my street.
Sunset, I get what you are trying to say. I just don't see the equivalency. I'm guessing you mean you are on a side street, probably 25 or 30 mph limit? Let me know if I'm wrong. I agree, and I bet every person here would agree, that speed limit is appropriate and necessary for a neighborhood street.

I believe the 45 mph speed limit in large open water areas is neither needed nor effective. Just my opinion, of course. Would I consider an 80 mph limit appropriate? I don't know, but I'd have to think about it.

Now back to your street. If they implemented a 10 mph limit, would it be appropriate? Would you then perhaps advocate that yes there should be a limit, but 25 or 30 is the correct number?

Not really trying to argue with you, I really do respect the "limit is appropriate" side of the discussion. But I think part of the discord is how 45 mph is viewed by boaters like me, I'm an owner of a 60 plus mph boat and feel the limit is neither needed nor effective.
LikeLakes is offline   Reply With Quote