View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 12:19 PM   #122
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Sorry Woodsy...Karel Crawford is from Moultonboro and voted to kill the bill. Not that that matters...people from all parts of the state boat on Winnipesaukee and like you have their own opinions. And as said, 11 years ago greater than 80% of reps from towns bordering the lake supported the speed limit.

And I was pleased to learn that the Lake Winnipesaukee Association and Lakes Region Conservation Trust have formally opposed the bill. And the NH Lakes Association. And the Lake Winni Sailing Assoc. And the NH Lakes Advisory Board. And 6 Winni marinas, one of whose owners spoke at the Trans. Comm. hearing. Check out the testimony, it's quite easy, all videotaped and available online. It is quite compelling.
I edited my post accordingly... thanks for pointing that out.

Like I said above I personally don't worry too much about the speed limit.

Speed limits on the roadways don't stop people from buying sports cars like a Porsche or a Corvette and driving them faster than allowed. I don't think a speed limit on the lake stops people from buying fast boats and driving them faster than allowed either.

Now if the economy tanks or hi-test gas gets ridiculous... then you might see the folks with those boats slow down a little.

Woodsy