View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 10:23 AM   #114
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
I suspect no speeding tickets have been issued on my residential street for the entire year. And I suspect no tickets have been issued regarding dogs pooping in the park down the street. That does not mean that we should make these activities legal.
That is a false equivalency.... Rules/Laws on the road have nothing to do with rules on the water. The reasons for both are vastly different.

The DAYTIME speed limit on the lake has had ZERO effect on lake safety. There were no high speed (>45MPH) accidents before the speed limit... there have been no high speed (>45MPH) accidents since the passage of the speed limit. During the day a boaters visibility is measured in miles, not yards or feet.

Almost every accident on this lake has occurred at NIGHT and involved alcohol. There have been other mitigating factors as well, reduced visibility, operator error, etc etc.

The speed limit is a feel good law that luckily is rarely enforced. I would prefer the MP deal with the boneheads who do not know the ROW rules and the NWZ rules. Usually the 150' rule doesn't get me riled unless they are danger close (<40')

Woodsy