Thread: Bike Week
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 03:35 PM   #16
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I know it's tough for business--as I've posted before, I have suffered large losses in a small business where I am a shareholder.

Democrats are against "full throttle" openings for the reason I have already stated--full throttle is not thoughtful (or safe).

The President made it political by ignoring his own scientific advisors, and then slinging all sorts of BS about 8 cases on the way to zero, vaccines in July, cures with no data that area actually dangerous, etc.

The Democrats' position has been that we need to heed the scientific advisors. It's really sad when you equate following science as a political thing to do.

I don't watch MSNBC or CNN, and I would not attend a political rally in this environment. The only prominent politician I have seen at a rally is Donald Trump. Ironically, his own team brought 8 infected people to that rally--providing a pretty good illustration of why the rally was a terrible thing to do.
I completely disagree. The Democrats have made it political by enforcing these draconian rules against small business owners and low income employees yet not enforcing the rules against rioters, looters, occupiers and destroyers. I haven't heard ONE Democrat condemn these actions. I haven't heard ONE Democrat condemn the occupation of Chopistan. Generally speaking in life, words have very little meaning. It is actions that speak the loudest. And we have found from our Democrat leaders of the U.S. House, state governments, city mayors who are allowing the anarchists free reign with little or nothing said about the sure death sentence Chinese coronavirus, which by the way, what little evidence we do have suggests that it is far less deadlier than originally predicted. Who would have guessed!

If it is acceptable to have rioters, looters, occupiers and destroyers give the finger to social distancing, wearing masks, and everything else associated with this Chinese coronavirus nonsense, then I think we can figure out a way to open all businesses ASAP and put America back to work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: