View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 09:23 AM   #14
root1

Good Morning All!
Thank you for all your input. The more discussion & ideas that are presented on this forum, the better!

I don't think the DOT has any road improvement in mind. They appear to have contacted only owners who are actively utilizing the waterfront (East) side of the road, or have encroached on the easterly right-of-way. If they need land to implement road improvements, it would appear logical they would expand West. They have expressed no interest in waterfront that remains barren or untrodden, or on land on the west side of the road.

Apparent evidence points toward them using the waterfront property and their right-of-way as a source of income; they have indicated that lease terms are negotiable. I feel terrible for owners of homes & businesses (such as Sandy Point) which have homes/facilities on the right-of-way; perhaps built even before the highway was paved!

Unfortunately, only the lawyers are going to benefit from this situation. And many people are going to loose a significant portion of the investment they made in their home and businesses ... many of which were counting on it for their retirement .... myself included.

This is a very serious situation for many families.
root1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to root1 For This Useful Post: