View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 09:18 AM   #3
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
It seems like a smaller percentage of people are wearing masks in the Meredith Hannaford. At one point, it seemed that most everyone was, but recently I'd guess maybe only 70% of people are wearing one, and even the guy at the fish counter wasn't wearing one when he waited on me. It was under his chin.

From what I've read, mask wearing in enclosed public spaces can go a long, long way towards controlling this disease, but only if everyone complies. I hate wearing a mask, but for the short time I'm in the store, it's tolerable, and I feel more secure when everyone's covered up.

People can choose for themselves how much they want to go into public, but grocery shopping is a necessity. I see people on the Forum asking why driving cars isn't banned, etc., because of the high death numbers. Well, you do have some control over driving your car. You don't have control over a contagious disease, especially when other people have decided not to care about public health. After the pain and suffering of the lockdown, it worries me that people may let this disease get out of hand again because they don't like wearing a mask. Especially as more people pour into town. (And I realize that some people can't wear one, but they are definitely in the minority).
I have never worn a mask in a grocery store or anywhere else for that matter, except when I go into my office in Boston and when I've gone to the dentist and doctor because I have to. It is all nonsense. Prior to the so-called pandemic, I was respectful of other people. Nothing has changed. Generally speaking, I don't invade spaces, and try real hard not to sneeze, cough, breath, etc. on other people when in public. You are worried about masks being worn. Are you as worried about other people picking up and replacing items that you eventually touch? Are you concerned about the countless people who have touched all of the items in the store just to get them on the shelf?

I prefer to stick to Dr. Fraud's first recommendation - that masks are ineffective. You are feeding into and believing the hysteria generated by the media and social media. However, if you are scared and anxious, I recommend that you wear a mask to give you the feeling that you are being safe. As Hill stated, the rest of us are sick of the restrictions. Enough is enough. We have done our share. Let's get back to normalcy ASAP. Disappointingly, this will be impossible since the so-called pandemic has become a political issue. CNN reports that Chinese coronavirus cases are spiking in Georgia, Florida and Texas. Fake news. We learned that fighting the so-called pandemic is a joke when rioting and looting is encouraged.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: