View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
old coot
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith Resident View Post
It has been over a week since the murder of Roberta Miller in Gilford. The state AG once again has been tight lipped, and in my mind incompetent about releasing any information about this case. I think the public should demand some answers. We deserve to know what happened here, as taxpayers, but the lack of communication and press conferences to the media shows the continued lack of ability that this state has when it comes to investigating murders. Look at the case in Wolfeboro, which is still unsolved. Look at the murder in Meredith. It took months for the public to get any information abouth that case, and still we haven't heard the full story. Just yesterday there was another death in Auburn, and the state AG takes their standard line of "These are two suspicious deaths." I applaud the Gilford selectmen for their outrage with the lack of answers in the Gilford matter, and encourage you all to write to your elected officials about this dysfunctional state AG department.
Over a week? Terrible, except in comparison to the Mother's Day 2008 murder of Stacey Burns in Wolfeboro. No significant details of that investigation (if there is one) have ever been released by State Officials.
It seems obvious to me that if the investigators in the Major Crimes Unit and Attorney General's Office were doing their job, they should have something to say. I'm tired of the "compromising the investigation" excuse for their silence.
Can't we throw the bums out?
old coot is offline   Reply With Quote