View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 08:42 PM   #13
LoveLakeLife

(1). It might have been a painful four years for you for reasons I won’t pretend to understand, but it’s been a glorious four years for me and hundreds of millions of others. My spirits are lifted daily also, but at the prospect of four more years.

You revert to the emotional canard about “caring”. If someone disagrees with you, you’re the one who “cares”. I suppose the rest of us will just not reach your level of virtuous self-regard.

(2). There is no numeric scale or spectrum of freedom. It’s not “Live free or die, more or less, or die.” People who don’t wear masks are refusing to do so, they’re declining to do so.

(3). Laws don’t prevent careless behavior. They criminalize it. Your analogies are apt, and made my point. If you want to live in the metaphorical bubble wrap, then avoid your neighbors windows and don’t drive or walk in the street. Most people accept the risks of life.

(4). Obviously is an overused adverb. What appears obvious to you might not be obvious to others, as is the case here. A virus is not a weapon, it’s a microbe. There is no intent behind people getting infected.

(5). I’m sure that you’re proud for caring. Countries with socialized medicine don’t provide health care. The taxpayers do. There is no Constitutional right to health care or health insurance. In this country, we cherish self-sufficiency and private charity, not government redistribution. There is no such thing as a global community. That term is an oxymoron. Countries can help each other of course, but the national interest is and must always be primary.

(7). I’ll choose not to believe you. The U.S. remains the beacon of freedom it has been for centuries for myriad and indelible reasons. Social justice is another made-up, meaningless term that makes people feel better about their perceived virtue.

You should cheer up and stay proud of your country. We live in the best of times. Enjoy the freedom we have to debate and fight for that freedom. I can tell you’re not in the sunset of people who cower at conflict, who feel “uncomfortable” with disagreement and retreat to “safe spaces” when their sensitivities are triggered.

Thanks for being civil and engaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoveLakeLife For This Useful Post: