View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 01:55 PM   #19
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifthappens View Post
I am doing a price comparison with what I have with my current insurance and all is covered including car rental and roadside. One of the problems I'm having so far is that even though my son is not driving my car, the fact that he is here in my household several quotes insist he has to be on the policy because he has a drivers license (out of state). That jacks up the rate big time. If I hadn't told the agent that he was here there would be a much better rate that is comparable or less than what I have.
Does your son have his own vehicle with his own insurance? If the answer is yes, you only have to provide your carrier with his insurance policy number (and maybe a copy of his policy or insurance card). If he doesn't have his own policy or if he is not listed as the principal operator on another policy, he will be required to be listed on your policy because hee is a member of the household. It is, unfortunately, the case with virtually any insurance policy / company, and you can expect it to be on the highest rated policy. And it doesn't matter if his driver's license is from out of state.

Dave

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app