View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #47
Lake Fan

[QUOTE=Grant;69155]Speaking of legal flags, I know what the law says, and I've seen your flag. But where does one find such a flag? Every dive shop and online vendor sells flags, but I've never seen one that meets the following criteria...
New Hampshire Revised Statute Title XXII, Chapter 270, Section 270:31, Scuba Diving and Snorkeling:

I. Any person engaged in scuba diving on any of the public waters of the state and any person engaged in snorkeling in normally traveled navigable public waters shall have a diver's flag, consisting of a red flag with a diagonal white stripe, displayed indicating that diving activities are in progress. The bottom of said flag shall extend at least 3 feet above the surface of the water, the view of which shall be unobstructed for 360 degrees.
I got hassled the Marine Patrol while diving on the Lady a few years back. He cited that same law. He wasn't too impressed when I mentioned that most of the official navigation markers in the lake aren't even 3' high.
Lake Fan is offline   Reply With Quote