View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:21 PM   #6
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
You also forget there is a thing called called freedom of assembly. Are homeowners in subdivisions allowed to petition to have groups of people "restricted" from public roads? Answer: They can't

You picked a bad example. Homeowners in subdivisions can request block party permits that allow them to close down public roads. I work in the events business and we set up equipment, tables, chairs, tents etc. on public roads every week.

I can see your point about rafting. But I can also see the homeowners view (or lack of view). I don't think there are any easy answers on this one. The lake is a limited resource and disagreements like this will probably go on for centuries. However I think you have every right to your opinion and to fight for what you believe is right.

Every now and then someone on this forum will post to the effect that waterfront land owners don't have more right to the lake than everyone else. I then post to explain why they are wrong. I am not saying we own the lake. I'm saying we have rights to the lake that others do not.

I don't remember Skip "beating me up" on this subject. However I am willing to bet he has posted clarifications on the limited rights of "Littoral Owners".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bear Islander For This Useful Post: