Thread: Amazing Voyage
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Island Life

Since we're sharing, my two labs escaped a few years ago. I had a toddler at the time and didn't notice they were gone until a man in a pick-up pulled in to my driveway. He told me he had my dogs and had tried to call me but I hadn't answered the phone. Strangely, he didn't have the dogs with him, I had to follow him in my car. Hmmm.... Why? Turns out, he worked for the DPW and when using some heavy equipment near the waste treatment facility he'd left the gate open. My labs, smelling something (cough, cough) "yummy," wandered in. they couldn't resist the temptation and jumped into a giant pool of warm, swirling ... well, you know. There were rollers on each side and the dogs couldn't get out of the pool. Thank goodness this man saw them and pulled them from the pool. No wonder he didn't throw them in the back of his truck. The ride home was disgusting and the poor dogs (and I) endured several mid-winter hose baths before they were clean enough to go to the groomer. [Oh, they were winni dogs too, so hopefully my story can stay.]