View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 08:40 AM   #22
persistence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Persistence. Thank you for the name change info on the Wesley. It has been a long time since I was in Oak Bluffs.

We used to boat down from Beverly MA through the Cape Cod Canal and Woods Hole and spend a week in that area. It is about 90 miles from Beverly to the Vineyard. I always tried to reserve slip 45 (or one close to it) in Oak Bluffs because it is right in front of the hotel.

The Wesley Hotel would give you soap and a towel and let you use the showers in there for $5. The newer Summer Camp Hotel looks a little too fancy for that. I doubt they would still do it.
I believe they still rent out the showers. We were pretty much in front of them last august, i forget the slip number. If you have kids, stop in, they have all sorts of games and stuff.

We came down from Boston and got the usual butt kicking in buzzards bay. Actually stayed a night in onset then on to OB the next day and the bay was like a pond.

Its a fun harbor. You don't want to be there in a noreaster though... i've seen boats slamming the walls before. We were there a few years ago for hurricane Arthur, the night it came through we went over to falmouth. I didn't want to get stuck in OB riding it out. The harbor can be a washing machine .
persistence is offline   Reply With Quote