Thread: New GPS Watch
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 05:38 AM   #4
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Added: the models included in my research were the Fenix 7/7S/7X (regular size, small, large), Epix 2, Enduro, Tactix. The main differences between these are size of display/case and battery life.

The Fenix 7 usually gets the nod given the overall balance of battery life and performance, but I just couldn't forgive the dim display vs. the Epix 2 that is the Fenix 7 regular size with an (awesome) AMOLED screen.

These models all have multi-band GPS that independent studies are showing crazy accuracy with—most reviews put accuracy at 3 meters even in challenging conditions, such as tall buildings, tree cover, etc.

Oh, a note on crystals: having had a host of "nicer" timepieces over the years with mineral glass crystals that have scratched way more easily than promised, I only buy sapphire.

Garmin uses sapphire on their higher-end versions and Gorilla Glass on the midline ones.

NOTE: the Epix 2 comes in two versions, steel/Gorilla Glass and titanium/sapphire. Only the latter comes with multi-band satellite.

Any other questions?!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote