View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 10:25 AM   #6
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default Next door?

Call them crazy!!!
In the Summer of 1966 my parents let my brother, me and my best friend (16-17 yo. all) rent an apartment in Moultonborough. Our family was formerly a summer-season vacationer (Lane's End), but that ended. We knew the contractor who built the original Ossipee shopping plaza out on (the old) Route 16- so that's where we worked in '66.

Anyway- I know that people STILL don't know where the LINE is between C.H and M.- by this reasoning I have always thought of them as one!

Anyway (again), the apartment building was not yet finished, so we lived rent free, as in our "off work time" we did carpentry, painting and landscaping. It was Johnny Dabillis (contractor from Billerica, Ma.) who cut us all the slack for the rent and hired us. We also worked on the garage that, I think, belongs to the Burns'.
The apartment building is still there (so are the old Ossipee shopping Center and garage)- and looking good. It's (apartment building) between the Lacy's building and the former paint store that is now some kind of health resource building(?).

Anyway (#3), my brother owned a (painted with a brush) 1959 MGA, and wouldn't let me drive it- we shopped at Ellen's Store (?)/Post Office (?) and played the "Revolver" album at least 1000 times!

I hope my attachment worked- It's the P.O. receipt from that adventure!

Just some small history of the area.
Attached Images

JEEPONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEEPONLY For This Useful Post: