View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 04:26 PM   #9
Not to Worry

Default Call Marine Patrol

I had a problem with a neighbour's mooring but before I talked to my neighbor I went to Marine Patrol. They pulled his permit and reviewed what was approved and what was not. Thier mooring was nowhere near where it had been approved and they were more than happy to enforce.

Armed with that info I was able to ask my neighbor if over time was it possible the wind was moving his mooring closer to my dock? We both know what we were talking about since he intentionally put it on top of me but he agreed that the wind indeed may have moved it and had it moved away from me.

My point is the make sure you understand from a legal standpoint where you stand before you enter the conversation. The forum may or may not provide information but you need more than opinions you need facts. Then again you could rely on FLL's post....NOT!

BTW: I tried to put a seasonal dock on my other side and my neighbor signed off on it but the town would not allow it. They said that my friends could not sign off on the rights of a future owner.
Not to Worry is offline   Reply With Quote