View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #9
HellRaZoR004

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Fun View Post
We sold a Condo a couple years ago FSBO. We used Isoldmyhouse.com to get on the MLS. We offered a 2.5% buyers agent commision. At least it saved us a half the money. Our condo was empty so we just left the key in a lockbox and had the agents call us for the combo. We were not present for the showings. It worked out well for us. If you take the time to get involved you will probably do a better job than the rookie agents out there.

We wanted a fast sale and it worked out for us. You can get an attorney to write up the P&S so it covers you for any issues. We turned down a couple offers as the buyers were really not qualified and we did not feel like spending months under contract while they figure out how to pay. Watch out for FHA loans, low down payment, my uncle is helping me cosign, etc, that can add time to closing and may not happen in the end.
I disagree with the FHA thing. If the buyers are pre-approved the process won't take any longer than usual (assuming the property you are selling isn't complete crap, if it is then good luck selling it anyways).

We bought our home through a lady that was doing it herself. She used a service to get it on MLS and that's how we spotted it. We never used craiglist. We used zillow.com, mls.com and trulia.com.

When it came time to looking at the house we had a real estate friend act as our agent and he worked with the seller to make sure everything was good.
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote