View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 10:44 AM   #34
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
This Bill and potential law is a total outrage, ridiculous, and just another tax generating fee by the folks in Concord who represent us. I've never heard of a such law in another State ?

Only way to prevent this bill from passing is for everyone to contact their State Representatives in both the House and Senate to voice their objection.
They'll be a LOT of State offices up for re-election in the next election, and they seem to only listen to the voters during this time.

This Bill must be stopped dead in it's tracks, as it's not only bad for NH taxpayers who own and use kayaks/canoes on our lakes, ponds, and rivers, but for all the tourists who use their kayaks on NH waterways.
agreed

here is an idea, enforce existing safe boater laws that are already in place. They apply to any and all water craft.

our legislators like to law us to death and ignore existing laws. I think they think that if the put a law out there for every possible situation it will work and that just telling people what the law is will stop them from doing something. When the simplest enforcement of existing laws will work and has been proven.

hey you, with the kayak kayaking across boats in the channel, here is a warning and then a ticket, knock it off,
hey you with the motorboat going way to close to swimmers or another watercraft, knock it off or here's a ticket.

does all drunk driving laws prevent drunk driving? No
but enforcement of the law with check points and harsh fines certainly put a dent in it along with creating awareness of not that just drunk driving is bad, but oh crap i better not get caught cause I need my license so I will just not try it.

Repeat offenders are repeat offenders because they do not learn their lesson either from their own choosing or the courts not making them learn their lesson