View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #137
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
I am so sick and tired of hearing the term corporate greed. So if a company decides to circle the wagons, cut back on salaries, employees, benefits or whatever that is considered corporate greed. If executives are given performance bonuses because such actions help stabilize the company and improve profitability they are scoffed at as being evil and greedy. OK fine, then let me introduce the term of employee greed. Employees that expect, insist and demand that they get what they want even if it hurts the bottom line of the company they work for. They expect that holding a menial job means that somehow that is worth a certain salary even though what they do requires no specific talent, skill or education. They demand lavish benefits, profit sharing and bonuses completely clueless as to the cost associated with not only having them as an employee, or what it takes to run a business.

Capitalism isn't evil, in fact it's awesome because it allows anyone who is smart enough, willing enough, eager enough and bold enough to start their own business to do so. Is is a guarantee of success NO, but the chance is there. Is it always fair, nope, but what in life really is? Those that are successful sometimes do get rich and I applaud them for doing so. Why should they not enjoy the spoils of their hard work?

Am I a rich guy? Hell no, I am merely an employee of a company where I know executives that sit well above me are making millions per year benefiting on the contributions that I make every day, that's why I have a job in the first place to provide value. Am I envious of them, no. Do I think it's fair? Well let me put it this way, I am not capable of doing their job, I have neither the background, experience or level of education to do what they do. I also would not want the responsibility, stress or headaches they have to deal with on a daily basis. While it's true they do make a handsome sum of money and do enjoy perks I'll never get, there is a reason for that. Not just anyone can do their job. Therefore for any company to get the best talent they will offer what perks will attract what they are looking for. In the same way the position that I fill not just anyone can do so therefore I am compensated accordingly and get perks others may not get. That is the way things work, don't like it better yourself! I didn't start off in the position that I'm in I worked for it, and very hard. Anyone says to me "must be nice" well it is, but it didn't come cheap and I refused to be just a 40 hour a week widget maker. Been there done that and decided I'm better than that. For those that are satisfied to do that kind of work, or have no ambition to do anything else, don't complain, you made that decision and it has nothing to do with corporate greed.
Wow, Maxum! What a post! I feel the same way, I get so tired of hearing about corporate greed. Maybe it is true in some cases. But I never thought of the fact that employees are being greedy when they want all for themselves and don't care about the company they work for. Excellent post! You said it very well!! Thanks!