View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 09:07 PM   #120
Bigstan

Default It's a little early for that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I couldn't think of a better word to use for the person who might take the place of a fired MB employee.

Do you have one?
It's a little early for that....as they are still playing chicken. Who will blink 1st? I bet the workers pockets are not as deep as the companies....and something as simple as the company saying they will keep the status quo in all ways with customers and emplyees ends the dispute. You can want your CEO back all you want, but you can only hope to influence that decision, not force it.

But what would I call your 'scabs'? A couple possibilities.....

1. Unemployed - someone who needs a job and who will take one in a heartbeat.

2. Ambitous - someone who sees an opportunity to advance their position and sees a great chance to do so.

3. Capitalists - if you can make more money there than you make currently then you take the job.

Nothing wrong with any of the above in my opinion.....if customers differ they dont come back and the company folds - the market will correct itself and we will see who was right.....I am thinking of becoming a 'scab' customer, I am ready to go back and the stores are not empty of anything save produce by me.

Realistically it won't come to that. 5000-15000 employees will not walk away in this economy, and the company cannot hope to hire and train that many replacements. Someone will blink....