Thread: Irwin Motors ?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 01:58 PM   #3
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Default Hillsboro Ford and Hillsboro CJDR

Disclaimer, I am personal friends with the owner of Hillsboro Ford and CJDR. They are terrific. In today's climate, they have refrained from selling new vehicles above MSRP. (Don't be confused, they have had trade-ins that are above MSRP but that's because of what they paid for the trade-in.)

Anyway, last summer (2021) we were in the market for a 7-passenger SUV. We looked at the Hyundai Palisade and the Kia Telluride. The Kia was $10,000 above MSRP (which was around $53,000). So we went to Irwin's and liked the Palisades. Irwin's at that time was $5,000 above MSRP (which was round $48,000). I spoke with Chris Irwin about it and he gave some BS answer like his employees needed to get paid and the amounts above MSRP was going to the employees. Complete nonsense. I had bought two cars from Irwin's and told him since he was taking advantage of their loyal customers I would welcome the opportunity to return the favor when the opportunity presented itself.

We were having dinner with the owners of Hillsboro CJDR and explaining our dilemma, and before I knew it had ordered a brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee L. It was more expensive than the Kia with the markup, but we are thrilled we spent the extra money. It was well worth it.

To be fair, I have always found Irwin's service to be excellent. I especially like Bob.

If you would like me to introduce you to the owners of Hillsboro, I'd be happy to do so. Please feel free to pm me.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote