View Single Post
Old 12-16-2022, 11:15 AM   #100
LikeLakes

Sailin, well said and I understand what you are trying to accomplish from your various threads. I also appreciate the discussions, they are interesting and I learn from the input from everyone.

When I say my 2 cents is I'd leave the hot water heater on, please understand it's not coming from a "spend the money, spend the energy, stop trying to save" point of view. To the contrary, I'm very interested in saving energy, renewable energy, and saving water, not to mention am just generally environmentally conscious.

Instead, my reasoning comes from a lot of experience not only as a homeowner, but also in various industrial settings where I've got a lot of experience with heating, cooling, various fuel sources, etc. My experience tells me that generally it's best to operate a piece of equipment the way it was meant to operate. Meaning, run your hot water heater set up the way it was made to operate, shut it off completely when you choose to. That's all. And I may very well be wrong about that, I'm just giving my opinion.
LikeLakes is offline   Reply With Quote