View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 08:20 AM   #696
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
Well the Tiki Hut boats are back in the water and ready to go! I'm pursuing my shortened work weeks at the dealership and have a meeting scheduled with my boss tomorrow to discuss my plan. I don't know about anyone else, but at this stage in my life, I look at obituaries. When I read that people younger than myself are dying of "natural causes", it scares the crap out of me. The stress of working the service desk is sucking the life out of me, but driving the tiki boats is fun and like a breath of fresh air, so the more I can do that, the better off I'll be. Wish me luck!![emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more! People ask me why I stay in my current school (I'm an administrator) rather than move on to bigger things - and more money. My job, and life are incredibly low stress and I enjoy going to work. Life is too short to suffer at work if you don't have to - I may make a few financial sacrifices, but the low stress and summers off (and at the lake) more than makes up for it.

Maybe my retirement career move is to drive Tiki boats - being out on the water with people who are there to have fun sounds awesome!
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote