View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 01:49 AM   #16
fatlazyless

Talking about an oil consumption problem, I drove a brand new 2013 Toyota Scion xB to 221-k miles and it needed another quart oil added with every gasoline fill-up. I got a heck of a lot experience pouring oil into the fill hole without a funnel and bought many, many quarts of the Walmart brand oil that used to cost $2.78/qt before April 2021 when I stopped driving this silver Scion xB.

In December, 2021 I sold it to the guy in the Laconia Daily Sun classified for $300 who is looking to buy used Japanese cars and who presumably will clean it up or something, and resell it.

Allstate paid me $1935 in February 2020 for a hit & run, two right side doors smash-in that I bondo-ed just enough to pass the state inspection by closing up four small holes, and spray painting silver.

Where is this car right now? Was it patched up and resold for $2000 or something? No, it got re-sold for $2500 .....ha-ha-ha ..... just kidding ..... and do not know?

Used cars can and will have hidden problems like oil consumption, or a no-start issue that happens once the battery dies because it's not getting charged up by a problem in the electric. Buying someone else's problem ..... another name for buying a used car ..... you take a chance???

Last August I bought a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek with a 5-speed and you can still buy a brand new 2022 Crosstrek with a manual, a 6-speed, which seems like one speed too many when a 5-speed is all that any normal, rational, safe-driving human could ever ever ever need! Hey there SUBARU .... you need to go back to that 5-speed ...... and forgetabout the 6-speed!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 04-16-2022 at 07:54 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote