View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 08:37 AM   #8
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I'm contemplating upgrading my current car: 2011 Subaru Outback 100k miles,
while the car still has some value,
I'm driving a 2014 Crosstrek with 114-k miles that I bought last August with 96-k miles from NuCar Plymouth Ford for $13,000 (trade-in Corolla & Element) plus $525-dealer prep. So far the only service has been a trailer hitch and lights hook-up install that cost $525 at New World Auto, Plymouth. It now sounds like sometimes the front brakes warning sound alert strip is starting to sound-up ...... growl! ..... so's I will probably take it back to New World for front brakes.

I am definitely thinking I will drive it to 225-k miles or longer. ...... like maybe, much longer ...... think hopefully? It has a 5-speed manual.

For about $46.11 Walmart-Plymouth will do a Castrol Edge oil and filter change, and tire rotation for ten dollars. Is definitely best to get there at 6:45-am, 7-days/week, and wait, first-in-line for them to unlock the door at 7-am.

Did you know that Belknap Subaru offers a scheduled 21-point, written, FREE inspection that looks at the brakes.

Hey bigdog, so who do you use or even maybe LIKE to use for servicing your 2011 Outback if you needed front brake service, this week?

For now I just TOTALLY avoid using my worn out brakes, and go to down-shifting ........ ha-ha-ha! ...... try that with an automatic ..... ha-ha-ha! ....