View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 03:33 PM   #18
Wolfe-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
SMART lawyers know that the best way to win a case is by finding the TRUTH that is at the heart of the case. Not the client's truth, not the lawyer's truth, but the actual truth.
Respectfully, in my experience, there is no such thing as an actual “truth” when it comes to differing opinions concerning a given set of facts. I have been a commercial litigator for 27 years and in every case I have ever been involved with, my client believed it was absolutely right and that the other side was absolutely wrong. The opposition always believes the exact same thing, even though both sides are operating with the same set of facts. I don’t want to add fuel to an argument here where neither side will convince the other of the “actual truth” of his/her opinion. Coming from a different part of the country where COVID has had a much harder impact, including the death of my 50 year old otherwise healthy and father of 3 cardiologist, I will say that it nice to be here for a break (I have been here for several weeks and spent the first 14 days in my house). Nor am I trying to make a political statement about the virus or the propriety of the governmental response, and my personal opinion wouldn’t move the needle for anyone’s analysis, anyway. I only offer my observation about the danger of thinking about this argument in terms of “absolute truths” because I believe if we continue to approach this argument (and frankly, all others) from our respective battle lines, unwilling to try to see the other side’s position and why they believe that they, too, are right, the divide that separates us currently will only continue to grow. And in case someone wants to label me left or right in response to this post, I’m a fiscal conservative pro 2nd amendment person who also chooses to wear a mask around others while I’m here - MY choice - in case it helps. I don’t care about the optics or the politics. Happy 4th to all and wave if you see me go by in the boat!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfe-man For This Useful Post: