View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 11:34 AM   #10
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Who said there is no pandemic?

I have a personal stake in this. The company I work for in California is on the verge of bankruptcy with 250 employees. The dictator/slash governor just ordered a bunch more closures mostly targeting areas politically opposed to him and his draconian polices. Meanwhile his winery, the one he personally owns, is conveniently open for business. Forgive me if I don't buy into the rhetoric of "do as I say or we are all going to die"
To be fair, I have called it a "so-called pandemic." I use this terminology not to diminish the seriousness of this really bad flu, but more to call out our government's overreaction, which was driven by media and social media.

You have touched on the biggest issue with all of this - the arbitrary anointment of winners and losers. I am glad you shared your story. I know so many small business owners who are suffering because of this. Hell, personally, I am looking at earning 25% to 40% less than I expected to earn in 2020. I did not have a vote in shutting down the economy. I had no say in what our response was to this so-called crisis. People who have absolutely nothing to lose are deciding whether you win or lose. People like your governor, Dr. Fraud, our Surgeon General, etc., they will get paid no matter what. In fact, everyone in the "government service" has NOTHING to lose.

Again, thank you for sharing your story!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: