View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 09:21 AM   #8
MeredithMan

Default See other thread started by Mr Think

There's also another thread on this topic that Thinkxingu started a few months back that had some good ideas.

As others have mentioned, Bonita Springs in FL, (next to Naples), is nice. My in-laws were there for 20+ years. They rented different condos the first 5 or 6 years from Jan 1 - Mar 31, and then finally bought a 2 BR condo in the Highland Woods golf community, (they were both avid golfers in their day). After they bought their own place, they would then go down at the end of October through the end of April.

For years, we would go down to visit them during the kids' Feb school vacation. Over the years, the area has definitely been built up and now it just seems to be strip mall after strip mall and condo development after condo development. We were last there in 2019 and both the Mrs and I decided this is way too congested for us, as we start to contemplate the snow bird thing in the next year or two. We have two former neighbors who are both in SC, and they love it, but to me, the pix look like its just a giant swamp marsh....maybe it's nicer in person.

I do think the advice of renting different places for a season or two is a good idea, especially if you are totally unfamiliar with the area. That way, you can determine what you like and don't like, without sinking a ton of dough into the decision.

Good luck!
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post: