View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 07:39 AM   #8
bobkatfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentworth12 View Post
I'm looking for a sanity check on an ongoing boat repair.

I bought a 2014 Cobalt R3 from Goodhue Hawkins in late May. The boat was in good condition but on my first trip I found two issues: 1) The fuel gauge and speedometers weren't working and 2) There were a bunch of blown speakers. Goodhue Hawkins offered to fix these for free.

So, I left the boat with them on May 30th for the repair and they've had it the entire time outside of one weekend. But today I learned that they still haven't made any progress and they can't give me a timeline.

- Does it usually take this long to get a boat fixed at a dealer?
- Is poor communication the norm with boat dealers? I've had to relentlessly call and text Goodhue Hawkins almost daily to get updates (and of course, there are none).
- Is there anything I can do to speed this process up?

I'm pretty frustrated with Goodhue Hawkins but I wanted to get some feedback before I escalate.
I had work done by G & H in May on a Cobalt that I purchased privately (Craigslist). I made the appointment in March to get in front of the spring surge. The work was done professionally and the cost was reasonable. Their communication could have been better as I had to call numerous times without a call back to find out if it was ready. Finally took a drive there on a Sunday and it had been sitting finished for a few days.
I get that springtime is busy but in your case especially, having purchased from them, you deserve better service. If you bought a new boat from them, I would guess it would have been different.
Was the purchase a consignment?

Amherst till the big 66 comes (made it!)
Winter Harbor/Mirror Lake till the big guy comes
bobkatfly is offline   Reply With Quote