Thread: Toilets....
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 07:13 PM   #1
tummyman

Default Toilets....

Ok, I have had it with toilets. We have three one-piece toilets about 15 years old in the house by American Standard. Look nice, but flush lousy. Sometimes the flush works with either solids or liquid, other times not so much. Wife complains that they only seem to wash toilet paper....I suggested that they were environmentally sensitive and that once washed, the paper can be dried and reused. Almost cost me a marriage ! Ha !!!!

However, I am going to buy 3 new ones. Have tried all the suggestions on line...cleaned out all the holes under rims, make sure no blockages in the sewage lines, etc. etc. So the next step is to buy a new one and see if it works. After all, 15 years forward and surely the technology has improved???

Question....what brands and models seem to work for people around here. I read Toto's may be a problem with plungers due to design of bowl, but maybe that is false data. And we sure need plunger capability. 6 grandkids can do their share of havoc !! Was looking at American Standard Champion 4...anyone have experience with them? And surely there are plumbers or builders on the forum that have some experience. HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tummyman is online now   Reply With Quote