Thread: Spirit Airlines
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 02:23 PM   #12
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeTimes View Post
I can't personally speak to Spirit Airlines, but have heard from others that fly often, they wouldn't fly them again. Believe their strategy is to be more of a 'budget' airline.

As someone that flys anywhere between 80-100 flights per year for work pre-covid, I can tell you I will only fly from Logan. As one of Jetblue's largest HUB's - I could fly essentially anywhere in the US direct and have several options per day (also great for vacations down to the Caribbean or Bermuda as many direct flights there as well). There were rumors Jetblue was going to come to MHT a few years back, but that ended up not coming to fruition. Even if Jetblue did come to MHT, I would still fly from Logan due to the fact that meetings run late, traffic in other cities happen, weather delays and cancellations occur, planes need maintenance etc. etc. etc. and often I need to move out my flight or even move it up (at least a third of the time for me). If I was to fly from MHT, I would be very limited on my daily flights and couldn't be as agile with my schedule. AKA I dont' want to be stuck flying from MHT originally and not being able to get a flight back because the one or two that day were canceled, but I could take any one of the next 5 flight out to Boston that day and find my way to MHT or vice versa. I live in the Seacoast area of NH, so MHT for me is closer at 25mins and Logan is roughly 55mins (even on weekday morning pre covid).

What I would LOVE to see, is a fast way to get from Logan to MHT and MHT to Logan. If this were to happen, I think many more frequent flyers would not be as opposed to flying from MHT knowing they had a security blanket there or flying from Logan and back to MHT because of schedule changes. Bus/Uber/Driver will take an hour without traffic considerations. Putting in a train or rail I think is unrealistic and realistically still take a solid hour at best. Suggestion would be a helicopter service much like you would use in NYC with Blade - Uber for Helicopters. For those that are unaware - Link here: https://www.blade.com/

Yes it's a premium cost and not per say realistic for a family of 4 lol, but if for business and if it were only an extra $100/pp give or take, I'd do it all day long as an Uber is roughly $80ish before tip... If Logan (who owns MHT anyways) came out with this, I think it would benefit Logan, MHT, NH and the airlines that use both airports.

All in all - Just wishful thinking
Funny I have the 100% opposite opinion, I will NEVER fly from Boston when I can get a reasonable flight from Manchester, and Boston is half the distance for me. I NEVER have a good experience at Logan and only every had outstanding experiences at Manchester.

Go figure,,,
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote