View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Was pleased to watch a black Cadillac Escalade with Massachusetts plates get stopped by a NH state trooper yesterday afternoon, heading south on Rt-93, between exits 25 & 24, just north of the Ashland off-ramp, going south-bound.

It was not moving super fast or nuth'n ...... just maybe 78-80 mph. I was in the right lane on cruise control, set at 70 ..... and I see in the rear view mirror the green state police car slowly leave its center median stake-out, pass me as it accelerates and coming down the slope there, watch it as it blue lights the big black Cadillac ...... maybe the large load of white snow atop the big black suv was a second reason why it got stopped, as well as for speeding 78-80.

It seems like down in Massachusetts, everyone goes 78-mph with their cars all squeezed together on the road, so I was somewhat surprised to see this traffic stop actually happen.

Wonder how much that will cost the driver, and how many insurance, bad-driver points get added and for how long? ...... ..... boo-hoo ....

It sort of looked like the Escalade was taking forever to roll to a stop in the break-down lane, like it couldn't believe it was gett'n stopped, and expected the blue lights to pass on by ..... or something ......and was not really stopp'n for him ..... too bad ...
If you're not going 78-80 mph between those two exits you are getting passed by just about everyone! Must have been the snow on the roof....I travel 93 almost every day and anywhere North of Concord the standard cruising speed is 80 mph.

Dan