View Single Post
Old 12-30-2023, 06:09 AM   #18
bobkatfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
This all sounds like Rockingham County, not the rest of NH. But a good reminder to clean up our habits as we enter the season of ice and snow.

Driver's School? Didn't we all learn to drive as part of 4-H tractor training?

"Blinkah's"? I remember hand signals, but only for left turns, since nobody would pass on the right as they would fall off the edge of the road.

I recall when folks south of Rockingham County got a license that was "Restricted to Automatic Transmission" because they couldn't manage a clutch. (If you can't manage a clutch, you start and stop/stall too quickly and the contents of the Honey Wagon will slop over the ends and sides.)

I'm sure other experienced NH drivers have their own tips.
When I was in driver's school, we alternated between driving and observing in the back seat while another was driving. We were required to use hand signals then. One time I was the observer and the driver, about to make a right turn, extended her right arm straight out and into the instructors face, knocking his glasses off and his cigarette out of his mouth. Lessons learned. Don't signal for RH turns, dont ride shotgun and only smoke while you're driving.

Amherst till the big 66 comes (made it!)
Winter Harbor/Mirror Lake till the big guy comes
bobkatfly is offline   Reply With Quote