View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #40
Airwaves

Ladies and Gentlemen;
It seems odd to me that some of you folks of NH would criticize gun laws of Massachusetts. Massachusetts has arguably the toughest gun laws in the country.

In the tragic case of the Connecticut father and son that went to the Westfield gun show and the son lost control of a weapon, it is something I would not wish upon anyone. However, the incident does not appear to have violated even Massachusetts strict gun laws.

Quote:
PART I. ADMINISTRATION OF THE GOVERNMENT

TITLE XX. PUBLIC SAFETY AND GOOD ORDER

CHAPTER 140. LICENSES

EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES

SALE OF FIREARMS

Chapter 140: Section 130. Sale or furnishing weapons or ammunition to aliens or minors; penalty; exceptions

“…Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit an instructor from furnishing rifles or shotguns or ammunition therefor to pupils; provided, however, that said instructor has the consent of a parent or guardian of a pupil under the age of eighteen years…”
It is my understanding that in this tragic incident the child’s father not only gave permission, but was holding his son from behind to help cushion the recoil of the weapon.

Even the toughest gun laws in the country can’t prevent accidents.

Do I think it was appropriate for an 8 year old to fire a mini-Uzi? Absolutely not! My father was in the Army Air Corps and in his training with automatic weapons (pilots don't carry them) he was told to put a strap on his belt, put his arm over the barrel and hold onto the strap on his belt before firing because of the upward recoil.

Stupid is as stupid is...if you fine folks of NH want to criticize then adopt your own tough gun laws.

Last edited by Airwaves; 10-30-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Asking for a link
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote