View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 07:59 AM   #2
JayDV

Default Route to sanity

I prefer to take routes that cross portions of states in order to make the trip appear shorter (?). And so ...

I would pickup 84 East in PA, through CT to Sturbridge, MA and then the choice of 290 to 495 or straight on to 495 (Mass Pike is toll highway. Rte 290 is 1 exit and 495 is more). The rest would be the same, 495 to 93 and then I go by visuals (I'll be lost if they ever change landmarks -lol).

I tried maps.google.com and mapquest.com. Google suggested t8 to NJ then pick up s87 to 87 up through NY to pick up Mass Pike (90). Then trave 105 miles through Mass to 495, then the same to Winnie.

Mapquest suggested the same as Google until 87 reached 84, then Mapquest said go through CT as I outlined above.

Rest stops may be a concern if youngers are travelling with you. 84 only has exits to food/phone/fuel/lodging. I'm not too sure about 87 through NY, but 78 all the way to NJ would have rest stops.

Unlike the trip home, the trip to the lake from anywhere I started from has always been the short route. 2nd star to the right, then straight on til ...
JayDV is offline   Reply With Quote