View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #35
AC2717

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
As I stated earlier...how can there be any debate? Weirs is old, tired, and sometimes pathetic...burned building, over grown landscape surrounding an outdated water slide...just gross. Only two reason to visit are Crazy Gringo and the Weirs Beacg Drive In.
Bumper Cars? Maybe 20years ago. Ski ball? There's a new game! Weathervane Rest? 3rd business in that spot in 3 years. Pizza/ice cream? Maybe, but a half dozen choices? Post Office? WHO FREAKING CARES?! Lobster Pound? Yeah, they have the right idea.
I was up there saturday from the cottage and I remembered why I only visit it once a year if that. There is nothing but over priced very old video games and prizes for kids that take so much money to win that I could buy them at 25% or less at Walmart or something like that. Not to mention that half of the people working in the places are russian and barely speak any english. (found a prime example saturday) I went to but a water at the pizza shop across from the weathervane and right after the halfmoon and it wa sa dasani and it cost me $2. Seriously?

There is no reason that with a little Lira that area could be great, Keep the buildings just update the insides with better games, some lighting would be nice, and maybe not just arcades, but maybe a bistro, some older people activites. Just keep up with the times, you can still have some old school items in fact those would probably strive because there would be stuff for young and old. Maybe just rent out the space seasonally to different types of businesses

I do not think it would take much to turn that area around and without really changing the landscape