View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 04:26 PM   #77
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Sounds to me like a perfect example of a tankless on demand system you want. If you don’t want to pay for the expense for this system, shut the breaker off on your current system…
I'm warming up to the idea of a small tankless unit for the shower. Can someone post a link to a suitable appliance?
I have a Rinnai RL94 thats 9 years old and so far has been a near flawless performer. I say near flawless as the installer had originally installed it with one of the DIP switch settings in the wrong option, and it was timing out periodically. Once that was changed to the correct option it has now been 100% flawless. I believe they have several different flow rates and other options to consider, so you need to do your homework and only buy as much heater as you need. In my case the Model 94 flow rate allows you to have the clothes washer running and take a shower or 2 people showering in different bathrooms at the same time and never see any reduction in flow. Well assuming you are on city water and/or have a good flow from your well.

I see no down side and on the plus side, there is energy savings to be had, no tank to rust out, and no volume of standing water to grow bacteria. Some argue they cost more, but I dont think I paid more than if I bought a good brand/model of tank style heater.

Take a look!

Good luck.

https://www.rinnai.us/residential/ta...-water-heaters

Last edited by XCR-700; 08-04-2022 at 05:44 PM.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote