View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 12:21 PM   #43
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I will respectfully disagree. What evidence do you have to support that properties and slips are in trusts paid for 50 years ago?

I have many friends who own waterfront properties paid for by their hard work and success.

Starting in 1970 I would travel on the lake in my 18 foot Searay and as I traveled around I wondered how people could afford a house on the lake. It seemed beyond reach.

In the 1990's I rented a slip at Channel Marine. After that, I rented and then owned a slip at Mountain View Yacht club for over 20 years (1995 to 2015) and was finally able to purchase a waterfront property in 2004.

No one ever gave me 5 cents. I drove tractor trailers over 1 million miles when I was in my 20's and 30's and saved money and bought rental property with a goal in mind. I didn't take out college loans I couldn't pay or that I expected other people to pay for me.

I didn't get into drugs, and didn't waste money on things like tattoos. I worked hard 75 to 80 hours a week at 3 different jobs and saved for a waterfront home.

Yes, there are people in need and I am glad to help them. As a landlord, I have had more than 30 Section 8 tenants over the years and all but 3 were scamming the system.

The safety net has become a hammock. Is it a surprise that 92% of people on unemployment find a job the same week that their unemployment runs out? Wow! What a coincidence!

Don't be too quick to offer sympathy and money to people who seem to be having tough times. Yes, a small percentage have issues that warrant help and I agree that we should do that. The vast majority are taking the free ride.

The majority brought their problems on themselves by making bad decisions. If you give them money you just become an enabler.

I am no one special. Anyone could get to where I am and far beyond. It just requires being willing to work hard and making good decisions.
Well said...change a few words and you have our life story.
Remember a two year period when just starting out having to work 7 days @ 12 hours....no vacations or even a day off.
As a business and personally we support several local charities but have no sympathy for addicts,loafers and people gaming the system.
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post: